Powered By Blogger

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Good-bye 2011.... Hello 2012!

2011 has been the best year of my life to date! Although, it started off slow with Jim being deployed until March. I kept myself well entertained planning our wedding during those cold wintry months in Charleston and even purchased my wedding dress in early February.

Jim returned home on March 7th. This was our first deployment and I think we did well with the four months of separation. He missed all of the major holidays... Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years. After his return, I got to participate in my first Squadron Dining Out. It was pretty awesome and included lots of tradition.



During late March, we took a vacation to New York. We had such a great time and got to see so many amazing things! I even got Jim to participate in High Tea at the Plaza Hotel with me. We visited the Statue of Liberty, the Metropolitan Museum of Art, and took a carriage ride in Central Park. The food was amazing and we tried a little bit of everything. I also got to meet Jim's Grandmother who lives in NJ.


Jim was home until mid-May then he headed out to Altus and stayed until June. On his journey back, he went to his parents to pick up the newest member of our crew, Champ! He is our yellow lab that has made our family complete. Although, it took me a while to learn to love him. I was never allowed to have a dog in the house growing up, but he has grown on me (even with all the fur that plagues my house). He is my best companion when Jim is gone. His official AKC name is Ser Bryant Champcelot. He is our boy and we love spending time with him!
Jim headed out to Altus in August and stayed until October. Major stresser since it was Wedding crunch time and he was MIA. I spent a long weekend in OK with him and got to experience Altus for myself. Let's just say it reminds me a lot of home without the mountains. I did having an amazing burger at Meers... but I digress. 

October brought Jim's return and our annual trip to Tuscaloosa for an Alabama football game! Before we knew it the BIG day had arrived! I married the love of my life on November 5, 2011. It was the best day of my life and the whole wedding was perfect! I could not have asked for a more perfect day. Jim is truly my soul mate and God's match for me. 



We had an amazing Honeymoon to St. Lucia! It was a tropical paradise and the best way to relax after a busy Wedding week. We spent our first Thanksgiving together at my parents in Grundy, VA. Then spent our first Christmas together here in Charleston. It was a quiet holiday at home since I had to work this year, but we enjoyed getting to create our own traditions. 

Tonight is New Years Eve. As I sit here,  cuddled by the fire with my two favorite boys, I look back over the year and see that 2011 was the best year I have had. I know all the years to come will only get better as we welcome more additions to our family, welcome new friends, and move to new places. So I say Farewell to 2011 with love in my heart, but say Hello to 2012 with hope!

Happy New Year to all my friends!

2 comments:

  1. Not love Champ at first sight? Awww poor Champy! I know some grandpupparents that will babysit anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy new year! best wishes for 2012! love you!

    ReplyDelete