Powered By Blogger

Saturday, December 17, 2011

A Day of Thanks

Not long after our return from St. Lucia it was time for Thanksgiving and our first married holiday! We traveled to Grundy to celebrate with my family as Jim and I both have to work on Christmas. We loaded up Champ after I got off work on Wednesday and started our 8 hour trek to the mountains of Southwest Virginia.

"Mommy can I jump in these leaves?"
My parents live in the house that I was brought to after I was born. My room is the room that I have had my entire life. It still holds small momentos of my childhood including my beloved Samantha doll. The room itself has been updated through the years from Pooh Bear to pink frills to flowers complete with a cloudy sky to regal Toile. A few years ago my parents upgraded my bed from a twin to a Queen size! Which comes in handy now that I have to share my room with my wonderful husband! I love our house and cherish every moment I get to spend in it. I digress from my original thoughts...

The guys at our first overlook


We spent Thursday with the family and eating lots of food. On Friday, we took my nephew, Zay, and Champ to the Breaks Interstate Park. It is known as the Grand Canyon of the South and has many hiking trials. It was great day for hiking- not too hot and not too cold. We picked a small trail that lead to an overlook to start. Champ had to take the lead and would not let anyone else be in front. Zay wasn't so sure of the whole hiking thing until he saw the Overlook! Then he wanted to go on every trail! We did about three trials total including one that had a very scary overlook at the end with no rails provide security. We also passed over a small stream that Champ had to jump into so he could test the water out. He was such a happy boy running up the hills and smelling all the trees. Friday night was Iron Bowl time! We made lots of yummy food and settled in to watch the game. It was great! Alabama won at Auburn!

Saturday passed quickly. Sunday brought time to pack up and head back to Charleston.
The guys at the scary overlook

























Things I am thankful for:
1. An omnipotent God that has blessed me with so many things
2. My wonderful husband, Jim, who is truly my soul mate and best friend
3. My family whom I love very much no matter how far apart we are
4. My amazing friends who I am always thinking about and praying for no matter how far apart we are
5. Our puppy, Champ, who is teaching me how to be a good Momma
6. My house (our house) which is perfect to start our family
7. A paycheck so that I can help support our family and our dreams.
8. My husband's career that he loves and enjoys


What are you thankful for?


No comments:

Post a Comment