Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

The Best Day of My Life

November started off with a bang! I finished my last day of work on November 1st and had nothing but two weeks of freedom in front of me! I spent the next several days cleaning and finishing up the last minute Wedding stuff.

Thursday was momentous because Jim had his Bachelor Party that night. I won't divulge the details but I will say that we are not short one nice dress shirt. Insert laughs from Wedding party here ;-)

Friday was a big day. I got to pick up my wedding dress... Hooray! We also had our rehearsal and it was FREEZING! The temperature decided to drop on Friday and wind was blowing like crazy. Luckily our Wedding party are all good sports and toughed it out. We made it through rehearsal with no major bumps. That put us one step closer to big show!

After the Rehearsal, we went to the Rehearsal Dinner at R.B's Seafood. It was a great place with good food and an excellent atmosphere. We had a great party and enjoyed warming up! I called it a night after this, but my husband and a lot of the wedding party went for Round 2. But I am happy to say that no shirts were lost on this adventure.

Saturday: THE BIG DAY! I was up early and in desperate need of Starbucks. After I was caffeinated, it was time to begin the beautification process. At noon, I met up with all my lovely ladies and we headed to Strawberry Blonde to get our hair done. Two hours later, we headed back to the resort to put on our dresses and start photos.

Jim & I are not superstitious so we shared a private moment prior to the wedding where he got to see me in my dress for the first time. It was a great moment and I will never forget his face. From there, we went down to start pictures. That time flew by and before I knew it, the ceremony was starting!

It was quite chilly on that day as well. Luckily, we opted for a short ceremony :-) It was all so wonderful and we went with more updated vows to fit our personalities. The ceremony flew by and before I knew it.... we were officially Mr. and Mrs. Jim Lambertsen!
Then it was time to party!



The reception was great. Good music, great food, amazing cake, and liquid warmth for most of my friends! The party was hopping and everyone seemed to have a great time! The highlight of the night was when the DJ played "Sweet Home Alabama" and my husband took off his jacket to reveal custom Alabama party sleeves! The crowd loved it especially all the Bama fans present. Before I knew it, it was time to say our good-byes and make our exit.

We had such a wonderful time celebrating with our friends. We felt so blessed to have so many people make the trip to come be a part of our special day. To steal a line from my nephew, "That was the best night of my life!"

1 comment:

  1. I am glad your wedding was the best night of your life. You were gorgeous, the ceremony was perfect, and the party perfect. I am so happy for you, and I can't wait to see what life has in store for the two of you!!

    ReplyDelete