Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree....

Sunday was Christmas! My most favorite day (& time of the year)! Unfortunately, I had to work since the sick children need medications 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. The upside was that I was on first shift so I only had to work until 3:30 pm on both the 24th and 25th.

I love treats! Therefore, I made sure to have plenty of treats for my co-workers and myself! I made a coffee cake for Saturday and brought a meat/cheese tray. For Sunday, I made a four cheese quiche and brought cookies. My co-workers were super happy and it made our day that much brighter to have snacks.

It was difficult to be away from family, but it was very nice to have some quiet time with our little family. Jim & I made calzones for dinner on Christmas Eve. Then for Christmas dinner we had ham, sweet potato souffle, breaded squash/zucchini, and rolls. A moderate feast in comparison to what each of our families had, but perfect for us. Jim built us a fire and we watched a movie. A cozy little Christmas for our family of three.

Champ got a stuffed duck that quacks from his cousin, Patton. He loved it and it only took 2 hours for him to rip the duck's head open and pull out the stuffing. The duck is still intact... for now.

Jim and I went small this year as far as presents. We had a big wedding and an amazing Honeymoon, so we felt that we didn't really need a big Christmas. We got some great gifts from each of our families but overall the theme seemed to be "Roll Tide!"


Although we missed our families, I could not have asked for a more perfect First Christmas with my husband! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!

1 comment:

  1. moby has that exact duck and he LOVES it! cousins think alike... ;o) xo

    ReplyDelete