Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Tasty Tuesday

Happy almost end of February! I am posting this Tasty Tuesday officially on Leap Day! Hooray for the arrival of March (which happens to be my favorite month)! I love to cook! But, I also get bored with food very easily, so I  have been doing a lot of researching for new ways to prepare the same staples. This week I discovered a new way to cook pork chops.

Dijon Grilled Pork Chops


Ingredients:
6 tablespoons of Dijon mustard
6 tablespoons of brown sugar
3 tablespoons of unsweetened apple juice
3 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
4 (8 ounce) bone-in pork chops (I used boneless pork chops that were a thinner slice)

Directions:
1. In a bowl, combine the first four ingredients; mix well. Pour 2/3 cup of the marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the pork chops. Save the remainder of the marinade for basting (be sure to refrigerate).
2. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. (I only marinated my thinner pork chops for a few hours and they were great!)
3. Drain the marinade from the pork. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 6-10 minutes on each side. Baste each side occasionally with reserved marinade.

These pork chops were A-MA-ZING! They are tangy but sweet. I served them with sweet carrots and sauteed spinach. It was overall winning meal. This marinade would work great for any cut of pork chop or a pork tenderloin. Very easy to make. Jim gave it two thumbs up!

No comments:

Post a Comment