Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Tasty Tuesday- Feb 22nd

Again, I must apologize my dear friends, I forgot to post a "Tasty Tuesday" last week. So this week you get two posts! During the winter months, I love a good bowl of soup. Although we haven't had much of a winter this year, I still crave a good bowl of soup from time to time. What better way to achieve this than to make your own soup. I recently discovered a recipe for chicken noodle soup with a twist. It is scrumptious. I am on my second pot and take it almost daily for lunch.

Italian Chicken Noodle Soup
Ingredients:
1 tablespoon of olive oil
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1/2 lb), cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
1 carton of chicken broth (4 cups)
2 cups water
3 medium carrots, sliced (1 1/2 cups)
2 cups broccoli florets
1 1/2 cups uncooked medium egg noodles
1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
1/2 teaspoon garlic-pepper
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese

Directions:
 1. In a 4-quart saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken. Cook 4 to 6 minutes, stirring       occasionally, until no longer pink in center.
2. Stir in onion. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onion is tender.
3. Stir in broth, water, and carrots. Heat to boiling. Cook 5 minutes over medium heat.
4. Stir in broccoli, noodles, basil and garlic-pepper blend. Heat to boiling; reduce heat.
5. Simmer uncovered 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables and noodles are tender.
6. Serve with shredded cheese on each serving.

I like my soup to have lots of noodles and lots of broth. So I doubled the chicken broth, the water, and the noodles. I also doubled the seasoning but kept the chicken and veggies at the same amount. It was great! It reheats well. I serve with fresh bread or garlic bread. Definitely a yummy way to warm up!

No comments:

Post a Comment