Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Tasty Tuesday

I love chicken! I can eat other meats, but not like I can eat chicken. I am always looking for new ways to present chicken because I don't like to eat it the same way every time. I found this recipe on AllRecipes.com. Again, its use Philadelphia Cooking Creme but the Santa Fe Blend! Olay!

Easy Chicken Enchiladas


Ingredients:
1 small onion, chopped
2 teaspoons oil
3 cups shredded cooked chicken breasts (I used 2.5 and Champ got the other 0.5)
1 (14.5 oz) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes, drained
1 (10 oz) tub Philadelphia Santa Fe Blend cooking creme, divided (3/4 and 1/4 cup)
1/2 cup Mexican Style finely shredded Four Cheese
8 (6 inch) flour tortillas

Directions:
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Cook and stir onions in hot oil in large skillet on medium heat 4 to 5 min. or until crisp tender.
3. Stir in chicken, tomatoes, 3/4 cup of cooking creme and shredded cheese. Remove from heat.
4. Spoon about 1/3 cup chicken mixture down center of each tortilla; roll up. Place in 13x9-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray; top with remaining cooking creme. Cover with aluminum foil.
5. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until heated through.

I served with refried beans that I made from leftover pinto beans. I topped with extra cheese and original greek yogurt that will taste like sour cream. I could only get 6 tortillas in my dish so I used the left over chicken mixture to make some chicken nacho dip using more refried beans and served with tortilla chips. Jim took the leftover enchiladas and claimed that they were quite yummy reheated.

1 comment: